Thursday, 14 June 2007

Ay, what happened to my page?

Was collected but still very excited yesterday.

Am a lot more settled today n viewing the 2 entries in my blog with pride.

Then noted that the banner, which I yesterday thought was an advertisement, was appearing on top of my blog again. It made a beautiful header for my page. I wondered; “Ay, how did this happened?”

“Ling, look, ’WordPress’ has put in a beautiful header for me!”

“My blog appears more attractive”.

“Mom, that was NOT done by ‘WordPress’; I did it for you”.

“You did.?”

“When?”

“How?”

“Must be a lot of work? How long did it take to do something like this?” were the questions that I shot at Ling.

“Mum, slow down. I made your blog ‘more attractive’, soon after you completed ’New start’ “.

“I wanted to give you a pleasant surprise as I’m quite sure you would like it. Knowing you n all your excitement, I figured you would ask me about it, when you are collected enough to notice the change”.

“Hey, darling, I’m really not that blur lah**. I saw the header yesterday, but thought it was some form of internet advertisement. Didn’t pay much attention to it then. When I saw it again today, I had a closer look n realised that it is a header for my page.” I said in defence.

“How to do it? How much time did you spend on doing it?” I continued to ask.

“I didn’t do it from scratch, but used the templates provided by ‘WordPress”. It took a couple of minutes only. It is easy to learn too. So try it mum. Besides this, there are a lot of other stuff that you could use to enhance your page. Explore on your own and have fun”.

“You bet I would”

PS **”Hey, darling, I’m really not that blur lah” is “Singlish“ (Translation: “Hey, darling, I’m not that unobservant”)

No comments: